The ship has a complex structure and consists of several main parts. The sum of the characteristics of these parts is the totality of the tactical and technical characteristics of the ship (TTC). It is highly recommended to display "Full ship information" in order to display all the parameters of the ship in the game settings.
Construction of the ship
The hull is the basis of the ship, on which all the other components, modules and weapons are mounted. The main parameters of the hull are:
- Strength. It is expressed by the number characterizing the "life stock" of the ship. When you take damage, your life margin decreases. If the hull strength dropped to 0, then the ship is considered destroyed.
- Resistance. The ability of the hull to reduce damage taken.
- Regeneration. A number indicating how much the hull regenerates every second. Equal to zero, if not installed Regenerative Coating and other mechanics restoring the hull.
The shield is called the energy barrier, which takes damage from weapons. The enemy’s weapons primarily cause damage to the shield (except for certain weapons and modules that ignore it). If the "charge level" of the shield is 0, then the damage is applied to the body. The shield is able to resist damage. The charge level of the shield is able to automatically recover (regenerate). Regeneration is constantly, but can slow down and accelerate under different influences.
The main parameters of the shield are:
- Maximum charge of shield. It is expressed by a number characterizing the "charge of the shield."
- Resistance. Shield's ability to reduce damage taken.
- Regeneration. A number indicating how much the shield regenerates every second.
The engine is a complex system that allows the ship to move in space and maneuver. The engine, in turn, is divided into several parts:
- Marching engine. Used in normal motion. Defines the parameters "speed", "reverse speed", "acceleration".
- Afterburner engine. Used when driving on afterburner - determines the parameters "afterburner", "afterburning reverse speed" (not displayed) and "afterburning acceleration" (not displayed). When driving in the afterburner, the energy-parameter "afterburner energy use" is consumed. Ideally, it should be less than the rate of energy regeneration.
- Shunting engines. Used for lateral displacement of the ship-determine the parameters "strafe" and "acceleration of strafe" (not displayed).
- Rotary engines. Used to rotate the ship-determine the parameters "roll" (turn around the axis) and "pitch / roar" (turn nose up-down / left-right).
The capacitor is designed to store energy, which can later be spent on the needs of the ship. The capacitor has two main characteristics:
The ship's computer is responsible for finding and tracking targets - enemy ships, drones and other objects. The computer has the following main characteristics:
- Sensor range. This is the maximum line-of-sight distance at which you can identify ships, drones and stationary objects without external illumination.
- Target lock time. Capturing the target is needed to guide it to homing missiles, drones, some negative effects, to display a warning marker when firing.
Main article: Ships
The class of the ship determines the size of the ship, its speed and maneuverability, the number of slots for modules and weapons.
The game features the following classes of ships:
- Interceptor. Light ship, designed for reconnaissance and control of space. Armed with two weapons.
- Fighter. Medium ship, designed to gain dominance in space. Armed with four weapons.
- Frigate. Heavy ship designed for fire and technical support. Armed with four or six weapons (Object NY18 - 8, but shoots a maximum of 4).
- Destroyer. Heavy ship fire support. It has high firepower. Can use additional energy shields and special weapon modules.
Tech levels (old) and ship ranks
All ships in the game are divided into ranks. The rank determines the relative strength of the ship. As you play, the player gets a reputation as a reward for the fight. When a certain reputation level is reached, a player gets the next rank and access to the ships of that rank.
Ranks were previously grouped in threes. Three ranks were one technological level - tech - T (except T5: ranks 13-17). Ships of different ranks within the same tech have fairly close performance data. The difference in the performance characteristics of the ships of two different techs is much more significant. Until now, the special operation is divided into 3 techs.
The role system is designed not only to make it easier for players to play the game in their favorite style, but also to make it easier for them to choose the ship that best suits them. Each role is associated with a specific set of unique role-playing modules and weapons, supported by specially selected parameters of the ship.
An important stage in preparing a ship for departure is its equipping with weapons and modules. When you buy a new ship, you get a pre-set with it, which includes weapons, modifiers, active and passive modules, as well as missiles and / or mines.
Each element of the ship's equipment is installed in a special slot suitable for this type of equipment. The number of slots available on a particular ship is determined by its rank.
The characteristics of any equipment item are determined by:
- Available ranks. It is denoted as [Module Name] [digit of max. available rank]. Only modules of the corresponding ranks can be installed on the ship. The display of all available ranks for the equipment can be turned on and off in the settings (Game / Module availability display ).
- Version. It is denoted as Mk.1 .. Mk.5.
- The main armament of the ship are weapons. The weapons are mounted in rotating towers that are attached to the hull of the ship. On the ship can be installed from 2 to 12 weapons. The number of weapons on the ship depends on its class and role.
- Ammunition can improve any characteristics of the weapon, sometimes weakening the other.
- Rocket slot - additional weapons of the ship. Self-guided missiles, unguided missiles, combat drones, mines, bombs and stationary destroyer fields can be put there. The rocket is activated by default with the right mouse button. Some rockets require a target lock.
- Active modules are such modules that the player must activate manually.
- Active modules are divided into two major parts: role-playing and universal. Role modules are divided into groups corresponding to the roles of ships, and are designed to be installed on ships of the corresponding role.
- Universal modules are suitable for all ships (except destroyers, they have their own).
- According to the activation method, the modules are divided into automatic, semi-automatic and instantaneous
- The main difference between a special role module and an active module is that a special module is rigidly attached to the ship and cannot be dismantled or replaced (some unique modules have 2 special modules, and most craft ships can be selected by re-equipment). Role modules are divided into three types:
- Improving the parameters of your ship (and allies);
- deterioration of the parameters of enemy ships;
- special weapon.
- Modifiers of the ship are passive modules designed to improve one of the main systems of the ship: the hull, shield, capacitor, computer or engine. Ship modifiers are installed in special slots.
In battle, your ship may be shot down (destroyed). In this case, he receives a certain amount of damage. If the damage level exceeds a certain level, then you will not be able to take this ship into battle.
Between battles, while in hangar, you can repair your ships. To do this, you need to click the [Repair] button. The cost of repairing the ship is displayed directly on the button.
You can enable the auto repair option. To do this, you need to check the box below the [Repair] button. In this case, the ship will be automatically repaired immediately after returning from combat.
The ship returns from combat with used ammunition.
To refill the ammunition, you need to go to the shipyard and click the [Ammo refill] button.
Similar to repairing a ship, you can set up automatic ship refilling of amunition.
- ↑ Under the ammunition are understood as "Missiles" and "Munitions"
- ↑ Provided that the ship was flown into combat and the ammunition was used at least once