- 1 General
- 2 Weapon damage
- 3 Damage modifiers
There are 4 damage types player can receive in the game:
- Kinetic - highlighted in yellow
- Electro Magnetic (EM) - highlighted in light blue
- Thermal - highlighted in red
- Raw - highlighted in white
Kinetic, EM and Thermal types of damage are subject to all damage reduction mechanics like Resistance, by default all ships in the game have vulnerabilities to damage types achieved via lower amount of resistances granted by default and through the difficulty of obtaining such type
- Hull have lower Kinetic resistance, and it is harder to increase that value through fitting comparing to EM resistances
- Shield is the opposite of hull, high default resistance to kinetic, higher volume of kinetic resistance on appropriate shield passive modules and considerably lower EM resistances
- Thermal is a middle ground, both shield and hull have some what a middle ground withstanding fire damage.
Keep in mind that there is a common term "hull is vulnerable to kinetic and shield vulnerable to EM", this is only references to amount of resistances, and if one to have 100 kinetic resistance and 100 of EM resistance on a hull, both kinetic and EM damage would behave in same way, and will be reduced by 50%.
Raw or White damage bypasses resistance values, and takes away as much HP points as it says it would. White damage can be received via collisions and as a Destroyer, when Active modules are destroyed. Amount of collision damage can be reduced via special engine modifiers.
Damage can come in a form of:
- Standard (not explosive)
Main difference is that there are certain modifiers affecting explosive damage:
- Target size - Currently there are 4 different ship sizes in the game which are corresponding to ship classes:
- Interceptors - only take 66% from explosion damage sources (x0.66)
- Fighters - have nothing special in this regards (x1.0)
- Frigates - take extra 25% damage (x1.25)
- Destroyers - take extra 100% damage (x2.0)
Almost all explosion type weapons do an AOE (Area of Effect) splash damage in small radius, and triggered by a proximity, meaning that valley not necessary have to directly hit the target, but will be triggered by coming into a close proximity of the target. Another treat of the Explosion weapons is that they do not have a damage fall-off at maximum range, like most of standard weapons do (most of the standard weapons have optimal and maximum range, "Max=0.7 x Opt", where damage is greatly falls off beyond optimal range). Explosion weapons usually have slower projectile speed and low fire rate, making them mostly suited versus heavy slow targets or for close range encounters. Weapons like Coil Mortars, Singularity Canon, Halo launcher are all of Explosive types, while Beam Cannon, Gauss, Assault Rail gun are all standard type.
All Missiles and Rockets do explosive type of damage.