From Star Conflict Wiki
Type: Thermal weapon for close range.
For ship: Nordstorm
For ranks: 14-17.
- The weapon's damage increases in the process of firing.
- Hitting the enemies sets them on fire by dealing 750 thermal DPS (depends on the size of the signature) for 3.2 s.
- Klauss Inc spent many hours designing the thermonuclear reactor of the Nordstrom ship. The removal of ionised helium ash was needed. In order to achieve this, the corporation had to create a system of artificial development of instabilities at the right time and in the right place.
- During the testing process of the ship's reactor, it was discovered that ash outputs a huge amount of energy and can be used as a tool, just by creating a simple system of magnetic mirrors and a booster circuit. Because of this, the weapon was named “ion flux generator” (IFG-4622).
- The result impressed even the ruler of the Northern Empire: the new weapon emitted such a powerful ion stream that even the strong shields and hulls of the Hunters were destroyed under its pressure with great speed.
From the report to the chief engineer of Klauss Inc:
- Magnetic mirrors heat up quickly, but at the same time the power of the ion flux increases.
- It’s not possible to significantly increase the active range of IFG-4622, because the rate of the stream rapidly decreases with distance. The stopped ash cloud emits electromagnetic waves for a few more seconds, damaging objects around it.
- During the testing, pirates infiltrated the test site №9 and attacked the ship. The intruders were destroyed by IFG-4622, the wreckage of their ships is being analysed, the reasons behind their infiltration into the test site are being investigated.
- Parameters are shown without ship bonuses and modifiers for the 1 weapon.
- Damage per second and per shot increase depending on the number of weapons mounted on the ship.
- Some damage parameters are rounded to integer values.
|DPS (thermal)||202-993 dmg./s.|
|Damage (thermal)||101-496 dmg.|
|Rate of fire||120 rounds/min|
|Beam width||200 m.|
|Critical damage bonus||30%|
|Firing range (max.)||700 m.|