From Star Conflict Wiki
Type: Medium range thermal weapon.
For ship: Mole
For ranks: 15-17.
- Mining laser.
- In Open Space increases the amount of time during which an asteroid can exist at critical temperatures without exploding by 3.4 times.
- Emitter ML-V2 is an independent development of UMC scientists for the Mole project. The ML-V2 was based on an ion emitter, although the final design doesn’t even remotely resemble it. When interacting with asteroids, the ML-V2 emitter significantly reduces the danger of explosion and improves the quality of mining. The proprietary cooling systems are also noticeably better than their combat weapon counterparts. And while the main purpose of the emitter is to mine ores, it can also be used in combat for defense against pirates and other pilots.
From Scott en Cott representative’s report
- UMC scientists are indeed engaged in the development of the mining device. Despite our offer, they refused the help of our specialists. We cannot know exactly how the development is going, although our security department is already working on this problem. Obviously, mercenaries are not going to share the blueprints after the completion of the Mole project. I must note that if we have to purchase the devices from UMC, we will lose a fairly large part of the production profit. Unfortunately, our scientists cannot now provide an alternative way of mining. It is unknown how long it will take to solve this problem.
- Parameters are shown without ship bonuses and modifiers for the 1 weapon.
- Damage per second and per shot increase depending on the number of weapons mounted on the ship.
- Some damage parameters are rounded to integer values.
|Parameters||Emitter ML-V2 17|
|DPS (thermal)||582 dmg./s.||+21 dmg./s.||+21 dmg./s.||+17 dmg./s.|
|Damage (thermal)||582 dmg.||+21 dmg.||+21 dmg.||+17 dmg.|
|Rate of fire||60 rounds/min|
|Critical damage bonus||100%|
|Firing range (max.)||3200 m.|
|Overheating/cooling||12/2.9 s.||+1/0 s.||+1/0 s.||+1/0 s.|