Difference between revisions of "Recon"
|Line 118:||Line 118:|
Revision as of 04:54, 15 September 2019
The Empire are the recon specialists, but the Federation also produce several models. Federation recons are built for speed and maneuverability, while Empire recons are tougher, and usually have capability to have stronger sensors and see further, acting as combat AWACS, due to slots layout and passive bonuses.
Recons are a tricky role to master. Their damage ability isn't up to the standard of covert ops interceptors, and they don't have the ECM interceptors' disabling abilities, making them arguably the weakest interceptor in a straight fight. However their bag of tricks is varied and deep, allowing them to debuff key targets, disable cloaks in an area and cloak themselves to escape if things go wrong. Finally, their MWD ability gives them unparalleled mobility, allowing them to capture unguarded beacons, surprise Long Range Frigates, lend their support to teammates exactly where it's needed most, or simply to escape.
- Built-in scanner (+50% to the sensor range)
- Improved hacking program (+35% to the speed of capturing beacons/bombs)
- Analyzer of enemy systems (+15% to the chance of critical damage)
- Small size (50% of additional shields)
- Thin hull (66,6% of explosive damage and external incoming recovery)
- Extra generator for engines on Empire models (+10% to maximum speed)
- Perform immediate combat tasks (capture of beacons, bombs)
- Detection of invisible ships
- Transfer radar review allies
- Capturing ships departing for repairs
- Extremely mobile
- Most effective in capturing beacons and bombs among all roles.
- Reliable escape
- Ability to disorient the enemy
- Low permanent damage
- Low strength
- Ineffective in domination
- Effective against: Long-Range, Tacklers and Covert Ops
- Weak against: Command and Guard
Shows itself best in a 1 on 1 battle.
If you like dueling battles, then this role is for you.
The Recon's Microwarp engine (or MWE) causes the ship to suddenly accelerate to 28 times normal speed, catapulting it forwards approximately 11km. The MWE has a 1 second spool-up time during which the recon can't manoeuver. The MWE can be cancelled early by pressing your afterburner control, and allows some control during the deceleration stage, allowing a practised pilot a decent degree of control over where the ship will land. However, the Microwarp engine is also a common source of the "Thud!" medal for less practised pilots.
Some recons have unique Special Modules.