Thermal energy burner
From Star Conflict Wiki
Type: Thermal weapon.
For ranks: 7-11, 13-17.
- The enemy loses 240 energy pts. after each crictical hit.
- The longer you shoot, the higher the damage and the slower projectile speed.
- To keep up with competitors, the Emperor of the Northern Empire decided to develop new weapons for the fleet. For a long time, scientists were unable to advance in research, so one of the groups was executed. Eventually, the Northern Empire Security Council kidnapped one of the leading designers of the New Empire as he headed to the capital. Using his family as hostages, they forced him to work. As soon as possible, the engineer developed the "Thermal energy burner". The weapon's name spoke for itself. Critical hits burned the enemy's power unit, reducing the energy supply. However, constant firing heats the guns greatly, reducing the rate of fire and accuracy. The fate of the scientist is unknown, but when the project was done, several factories completely switched to manufacturing the thermal energy burner for Aura and Prometheus X. Later, the blueprints were sold to the UMC.
From a UMC major's report
- A few hours ago, we received blueprints of new weapons from representatives of the Northern Empire. It's a thermal weapon capable of burning energy. But we were interested in something else. We noticed hidden strings in some of the blueprints. Apparently, Augustus Lerk, the engineer of the New Empire, was engaged in the development. Remarkably, a few months ago, he disappeared, as did his entire family. We recommend to contact the station Guardian-17 and report this. As a last resort, the Northern Empire is unlikely to hurt us.
- Parameters are shown without ship bonuses and modifiers for the 1 weapon.
- Damage per second and per shot increase depending on the number of weapons mounted on the ship.
- Some damage parameters are rounded to integer values.
|Parameters||Thermal energy burner 11||Thermal energy burner 17|
|DPS (thermal)||262-714 dmg./s.||+12 - +32 dmg./s.||+12 - +30 dmg./s.||+8 - +26 dmg./s.||+8 - +20 dmg./s.||314-854 dmg./s.||+12 - +32 dmg./s.||+12 - +30 dmg./s.||+8 - +26 dmg./s.||+8 - +22 dmg./s.|
|Damage (thermal)||131-357 dmg.||+6 - +16 dmg.||+6 - +15 dmg.||+4 - +13 dmg.||+4 - +10 dmg.||157-427 dmg.||+6 - +16 dmg.||+6 - +15 dmg.||+4 - +13 dmg.||+4 - +11 dmg.|
|Rate of fire||120 rounds/min||120 rounds/min|
|Critical damage bonus||50%||50%|
|Projectile speed (from-to)||9000-4500 m/s||9000-4500 m/s|
|Firing range (max.)||5050 m.||5250 m.|
|Spread (from-to)||0.1-1 deg.||0.1-1 deg.|
|Overheating/cooling||12/1.5 s.||12/1.5 s.|
|Cost||Can be picked up from destroyed enemies in the zone Smugglers Hideout||157500||315000||735000||Manufacturing||Can be picked up from destroyed enemies in the zone Transport Hub||427500||855000||1995000||Manufacturing|