From Star Conflict Wiki
Type: EM weapon.
For ship: Typhon
For ranks: 15-17.
- Each shot drains the energy of the ship but doesn't heat up the weapon.
- Hitting the enemy increases the weapon's damage by 2%. The boost lasts for 1.5 sec. and stacks up to 10 times.
- Together with the Typhon ship, the Skif-3 design workshop developed special weapons that were optimal for the ship. Firstly, the New Empire tried to create a powerful particle accelerator capable of quickly breaking through the hull of alien ships, but when scientists ran simulations, they came to the conclusion that there were a more effective option: a plasma cannon that pumps energy directly from the ship’s reactor and an active cooling system that allows continuous fire. The project was technically named Langmuir in honour of one of the scientists of the distant twentieth century.
- In 4620, the New Empire was expecting results from its scientific groups in order to distribute the financing of promising technologies more correctly. A quick result was also required from the new shipyard. In order to meet the deadlines and not lose the reliability and efficiency of the weapon, the scientific group used the technologies of quasistationary plasma accelerators, increasing the flow rate from the nozzle of the launcher.
- After that, it was necessary to test the weapon in conditions close to combat ones. Typhon got to the range on its own, and while passing one of the gates near the Ontregos system, it was caught up by a small warp vortex, from where it got out into the territory captured by the crystallids. The ship’s crew immediately reported their location and requested evacuation.
- A short time later, Typhon was attacked by a crystallid predator. Despite the fact that the weapon was loaded with training ammunition, the Langmuir launcher inflicted serious damage to the predator due to continuous firing, and the ship’s survivability allowed it to endure the battle with the alien. The hull of the Imperial fighter was noticeably melted in some places and the vessel required repairs, but this result was enough to impress the tribunes.
- When the evacuation group arrived, the wreckage of the predator was disintegrated by the weapon’s plasma flows, so the crystallid could no longer serve as spare parts for other alien ships. The crew also managed to collect some valuable data, the contents of which are classified.
- Parameters are shown without ship bonuses and modifiers for the 1 weapon.
- Damage per second and per shot increase depending on the number of weapons mounted on the ship.
- Some damage parameters are rounded to integer values.
|Parameters||'Langmuir' launcher 17|
|DPS (EM)||705 dmg./s.||+30 dmg./s.||+30 dmg./s.||+23 dmg./s.|
|Damage (EM)||94 dmg.||+4 dmg.||+4 dmg.||+3 dmg.|
|Rate of fire||450 rounds/min|
|Critical damage bonus||70%|
|Projectile speed||7500 m/s|
|Firing range (max.)||2500 m.|
|Spread (from-to)||0.6-1.6 deg.|
|Energy consumption per s.||120 en./s.|