Light coil mortar
From Star Conflict Wiki
Type: Kinetic weapon.
For ranks: 4-8, 13-17.
- Kinetic weapon with explosive damage. Explosion damage depends on .
- A lighter coil mortar with increased range and projectile speed.
- After critical hits all allies in 750 m. range get shield with 3000 durability pts. for 10 s. Shield volume depends on .
- Simultaneously with the development of Machete S, the Technologists were creating a new weapon, whose power could bring victory in any conditions. And this was the “Light coil mortar”. Tech squadrons easily repelled enemy attacks and went on the offensive. The increased range allowed it to open fire quicker than the enemy during defence, and the improved rate of fire made it easier to shoot. According to unconfirmed reports, the Technologists used Alien technology, thanks to which they achieved the effect of regenerating hulls of allies when firing. Nobody could confirm this fact, because when dismantling the case, some of the internal mechanisms self-destruct. Therefore, in case of damage, mercenaries have to buy new guns, because the repair is impossible. The light coil mortar became one of the first guns transferred by the Sentinels to the UMC. Surely they know all the secrets of this weapon, but they are unlikely to tell them in the near future.
From the recollections of a veteran of the Third War for Bartle's sector:
- “They assured us that the sector was poorly protected and encouraged us by the fact that there were more of us, but the Jericho were still one step ahead. We were attacked by ships of an unknown modification, but very similar to the Machete, which we had been shown at the academy. Another unpleasant surprise was a new gun. Technologists started shooting first and we needed more time to reach the target while manoeuvring. And the manoeuvres were not of much use. You were just starting the turn, and the shells were already flying ahead of the curve. I pursued one target for a minute and was ready to deliver the final blow with missiles when they suddenly hit me. Having decided to finish what I started, I stopped paying attention to the hits and started firing at the fighter, but it seemed that its hull was constantly being repaired. As we were told after the retreat, they repaired their ships by hitting us”.
- Parameters are shown without ship bonuses and modifiers for the 1 weapon.
- The rate of fire increases depending on the number of weapons mounted on the ship, result is increased damage per second.
- Some damage parameters are rounded to integer values.
|Parameters||Light coil mortar 8||Light coil mortar 17|
|DPS (kinetic)||463 dmg./s.||+21 dmg./s.||+20 dmg./s.||+16 dmg./s.||555 dmg./s.||+20 dmg./s.||+20 dmg./s.||+16 dmg./s.||+14 dmg./s.|
|Damage (kinetic)||1112 dmg.||+49 dmg.||+49 dmg.||+38 dmg.||1331 dmg.||+49 dmg.||+48 dmg.||+39 dmg.||+34 dmg.|
|Rate of fire||25 rounds/min||25 rounds/min|
|Trigger radius||50 m.||50 m.|
|Explosion radius||150 m.||150 m.|
|Critical damage bonus||50%||50%|
|Projectile speed||3750 m/s||3950 m/s|
|Firing range (max.)||3500 m.||3500 m.|
|Spread (from-to)||0-3 deg.||0-3 deg.|
|Overheating/cooling||7/3 s.||7/3 s.|
|Cost||Can be picked up from destroyed enemies in the zone Warden Outpost Ruins||38300||76500||178500||Can be picked up from destroyed enemies in the zone Stripped Deposits||675000||1350000||3150000||Manufacturing|